The world is a very beautiful place with a lot to offer and see. A person can spend a lifetime travelling however will never be able to see everything that it has to offer. There are a few places which are the best and the beauty of these places is something which cannot be expressed in words. These places reflect the true beauty of Mother Nature and can really make a person want to stay there for the rest of their lives. Listed below are 20 of the best places which need to be seen at least once in a person’s life. They are as follows
1) The Amazon rainforest – South America: – Situated in South America, this rainforest represents 54% of the rainforests all over the world and covers 2.5 million square miles and embraces nine South American countries or 2/3rds of the South American continent. It is also known as the lungs of the planet as it produces 20% of the Earth’s requirement of oxygen. It is also known as Amazonia.
2) The Angel falls – Venezuela: – Located on the Churun River that is in the Guiana Highlands of Southeastern Venezuela is known as the highest waterfall of the world. These falls has been named after an American adventurer James angle, whose plane had crashed two years after they were discovered.
3) Bay of Fundy – Canada: – This natural phenomenon is one of the best natural tourist attractions that represent Canada. It is 270 km long and is known to be the home of the world’s largest tides which can touch 16m in height.
4) Black forest – Germany: – This is situated in Germany, in the Baden-Württemberg region that is in the southwestern part of the country. This beautiful place is known and marked as a tourist spot and the best time to visit this place would be during the summers.
5) Cliffs of Moher – Ireland: – Located in County Clair, Ireland. This has been ranked as one of the best places for bird watching and has been featured in many movies like The Princess diaries, Harry Potter and the Half blood etc. This place draws almost a million tourists every year.
6) Dead Sea – Jordan to the east and Israel: – It is one of the most salty seas in the world which is 8.6 times more salty than the ocean water. It is 67 km in length and 18 km in width. This water is so salty that a person cannot swim but can surely float. The Jordan River is the main tributary. It has got this name because no life can sustain in the water of this sea.
7) El Yunque – Puerto Rico: – Else known as the Caribbean National Forest situated in Puerto Rico, This is the home to fifty species of birds, eleven species of bats, eight species of lizards and thirteen species of tree frogs or coqui. This is the only tropical rain forest under the care of the United States National Forest System.
8) Galapagos – South America: – This beautiful island is located 965 km north west of South America; these islands were declared a marine reserve in the year 1986. It is also the home of the saddleback tortoise. The official language spoken apart from English is Spanish. There is no visa required however the visitor’s passport needs to be valid at least 6 months on arrival.
9) Grand Canyon – Arizona: – This scenic beauty is located in Arizona, United States and has been created by the Colorado River. It is one of the first national parks of America. It is 277 miles in length and 18 miles in width.
10) Great Barrier Reef – Queensland in north-east Australia: – This is one of the largest coral reefs of the planet which can be seen even from outer space. It has 3000 individual reefs and 900 islands and is the biggest single structures made by living creatures.
11) The Halong Bay – Vietnam: – This is located in Vietnam is the perfect place kayaking, scenic cruises and it also offers great exploration of caves. Best time of the year to visit this place April, May, October and November.
12) Iguazu Falls – Brazil: – These beautiful falls is one of the world’s largest falls which is situated in Argentina, Brazil. These falls are in the form of a semi circle along with the beautiful flowing water of the Iguazu River. The Devil’s throat is the tallest point.
13) Kilimanjaro – Tanzania: – Located in Tanzania, this place is composed with three extinct volcanos named Mawenzi, Kibo and Shira. It is also stated that the place is losing the glaciers due to global warming.
14) Milford Sound – New Zealand: – This beautiful place is in New Zealand is surrounded by rocks 1200 m on either side and runs 15 km inland right from the Tasman Sea. This is home to the penguins, dolphins and seals.
15) Puerto Princesa Underground River – Philippines: – located 50kms north of the Puerto Princesa city in Philippines and is one of the favorite destinations among tourists and locals. A tourist can easily see 4.3 of the 8.2 km of the river and needs a special permit to explore the remaining part of the river.
16) Sundarbans – Bangladesh: – This is the largest mangrove forest in the world which is situated in Bangladesh, India. It is also the home of the Bengal tiger. This is the largest delta formed by three major rivers Ganges, Brahmaputra and Megha. This is an undiscovered paradise which is attractive and breathe taking.
17) Table Mountain – South Africa: – is located in South Africa and is a flat-topped mountain which is next to the city of Cape Town and also forms a part of the Table Mountain National Park along with being one of the main tourist attractions.
18) Uluru or Ayers Rocks – Australia: - is one of the most remarkable and well recognized natural icons. There is a well known sandstone formation stands 348m above sea level. It is also known for its color changing properties depending on the light of the sun.
19) Mt. Vesuvius – Italy: – is a beautiful place which is located east of Naples, Italy and is the only volcano in the European continent to have erupted within the last 100 years and is considered as one of the most dangerous volcano’s in the world.
20) Yushan or Chinese Taipei – Chinese: – it is the part of the Yushan National Park and is also the highest point. This is also known as the Jade Mountain which has a diverse ecology and wildlife.